Index du forum » Liste des sujets » International

Publier un nouveau sujet Répondre au sujet  [ 4 messages ] 
Auteur Message
 Sujet du message: Engines in a Bagheera X 1980
 Message Publié: 27 Jan 2007, 18:13 
Hors-ligne
Connu
Connu

I need to have a new engine in my Bagheera X 1980. I have a 6Y2-engine from a Talbot 1510 and I hope it will fit.
Does the 1592cc engine fit in the Bagheera? Is it the same engine as in the 1,6 Murena?
Does any other engine fit without big rebuilds?
Is it possible to use a 5-speed gearbox with any of the engines that fit the Bagheera?
What is good or bad in the different alternatives?

Does anyone know?

lasse@matra.se

Sujet du message:
 Message Publié: 27 Jan 2007, 20:21 
Hors-ligne
Pilier de comptoir
Pilier de comptoir

hi lasse,
in fact the 1.592ccm is nearly the same engine as the 1.442ccm. only its bore is bigger - stroke is the same. but this engine has also 2 other important details that are different:
the mounting points for the gearbox are different - only a few millimeters but they are ...
and the layout of the cylinders is different - the 1.442and 1.294ccm seem to have a bigger distance between the middle cylinders.
the 1.592ccm was also fitted in the murena and also in the spanish version of peugeot 205 GTX.
there are several gearboxes that fit on this engine:
- citroen ME 5-speed coming from CX, modified to fit in the murena
- peugeot BE 4 and 5-speed - a gearbox that is mounted in several versions on several engines
to fit in a 5-speed in the bag, its a bit tricky.
1) you can use the murena-1.6-gearbox with its engine and also its driveshafts.
2) you can search a simca-fitting-BE-box and solara-BE-driveshafts that also fit in the bagheera
in all cases i think that the gearbox will touch the chassis and some deeper modifications are necessary. the murena/citroen-gearbox is not that tough and known for its spare-part-problems.
the BE was built in a löot of versions and its hard to find the right one that fits on the engine and has a bag-alike speed-layout. solara-boxes are much too long - a grandfathers layout but not for a sportscar.
for the smaller engines 1.294ccm and 1.442ccm there are also versions of the BE-box - mounted in early 205 and 309 peugeots.
i would really like to mount such a gearbox in my bagheera - by using solara-BE-driveshaft ... but i don't know if the length of the shafts will be allright.

and all parts like silentblocs/mounting-parts and steering would have to be adapted.

Sujet du message:
 Message Publié: 28 Jan 2007, 16:49 
Hors-ligne
Connu
Connu

Thank you for the information! I think I´ll stick to what I´ve got to begin with.

lasse@matra.se

Sujet du message:
 Message Publié: 28 Jan 2007, 17:15 

Just a detail, Kriss.
The 1590cc engine was available in 2 versions : the one with all the bores at the same distance and one with a bigger space between the center bores.

As for the length of the driveshafts, the ones coming from this 5 speed Be1 Solara I'm using are as follow : On the driver side: good length while on the passanger side it's a little too short. However not too short to be dealt with provide some tricks will be used

Publier un nouveau sujet Répondre au sujet  [ 4 messages ] 

Index du forum » Liste des sujets » International