Inscription    Connexion    Forum    Rechercher    FAQ

Index du forum » Liste des sujets » International

Publier un nouveau sujet Répondre au sujet  [ 19 messages ]  Aller à la page 1, 2  Suivant
Auteur Message
 Sujet du message: General Bagheera Questions
 Message Publié: 19 Sep 2007, 12:18 
Hors-ligne
Connu
Connu

1. How do I cancel the Odometer Trip km back to 0000?
I've looked everywhere for a little push button but can't find one.
2. Are the Electric Window Buttons suposed to be in the Roof, either side of the interior light? Mine are. I'm just not sure if that is original or a modification.
3. How do I turn the wipers on? I know I said we had the wipers on when collecting the car (and lost 1) but that was because a previous owner put a switch under the Dash Board which turns them on. But there's only 1 speed and we couldn't find the water sprayer either.
What else? Let me see, oh yeah :)
4. Where is the Reverse light switch located? My reverse lights are not working and I'm just wondering would it be linked to the fact that reverse is very hard to find. Some cars have the switch somewhere on the Gear Lever.

Thanks Guys :thumbsup:

Sujet du message: Re: General Bagheera Questions
 Message Publié: 19 Sep 2007, 20:51 
Hors-ligne
Barman
Barman

Bob-irl a écrit:
1. How do I cancel the Odometer Trip km back to 0000?
I've looked everywhere for a little push button but can't find one.

there is a cable which turns and reset odometer
Bob-irl a écrit:
2. Are the Electric Window Buttons suposed to be in the Roof, either side of the interior light? Mine are. I'm just not sure if that is original or a modification.

yes it"s original :)
Bob-irl a écrit:
3. How do I turn the wipers on? I know I said we had the wipers on when collecting the car (and lost 1) but that was because a previous owner put a switch under the Dash Board which turns them on. But there's only 1 speed and we couldn't find the water sprayer either.

a two positions switch is necessary on dashboard to select spped 1 or 2
the water sprayer is an electric switch pedal near the clutch pedal
Bob-irl a écrit:
4. Where is the Reverse light switch located? My reverse lights are not working and I'm just wondering would it be linked to the fact that reverse is very hard to find. Some cars have the switch somewhere on the Gear Lever.

i don't understand the terms of your question :? .sorry :cry: ..maybe; we need photos of your dashboard

Sujet du message:
 Message Publié: 19 Sep 2007, 20:53 
Hors-ligne
Barman
Barman

Joe a mon avis il demande si le contacteur de marche arrière est bien a l'arrière au niveau de la boite .. :) , faudrait une photo pour lui montrer.

Sujet du message:
 Message Publié: 19 Sep 2007, 21:07 
Hors-ligne
Barman
Barman

j'avais compris mais je n'en suis pas sûr qu'il n'arrivait pas à passer en feux de route et qu'il cherchait un interrupteur sur la console.... :smt017

A mon avis, comme ma noire, il a un tableau de bord de série 2 :?

Sujet du message:
 Message Publié: 19 Sep 2007, 21:23 
Hors-ligne
Barman
Barman

joe a écrit:
A mon avis, comme ma noire, il a un tableau de bord de série 2 :?
Citer:

Tout a fait , regarde les photos de sont post de présentation il a un tableau de bord dernier modèle , c'est un vrai mix sa bagh

Sujet du message:
 Message Publié: 20 Sep 2007, 12:18 
Hors-ligne
Barman
Barman

c'est vrai, j'avais pas fait attention :? ...il reste pas grand chose d'origine

Sujet du message:
 Message Publié: 20 Sep 2007, 12:40 
Hors-ligne
Connu
Connu

Je comprends maintenant.
La série 2 a des ordres d'essuie-glace sur la roue de la direction.
La série 1 a un commutateur (bouton) sur Dash Board.
Mon Bagheera a Dash Board de la série 2 mais a un commutateur (bouton) pour l'essuie-glace sous Dash Booard , pas sur la roue de la direction. Je prendrai des photographies.

Merci Guys :)

Sujet du message:
 Message Publié: 20 Sep 2007, 16:30 
Hors-ligne
Connu
Connu

Hi Bob,
The reverse light switch is on top of the gearbox at the selector and is pushed when you select reverse. I don´t know offhand if the lights have to be switched on but I assume so.
Do you have the cable gearshift ?
That is when you move the lever sideways there is a cable that pulls the selector going into the gearbox on the more recent there is a linkage system.
The wire system needs to be in perfect condition to work well and even then it feels like stirring in a pot when selecting gears.
Regards,

Stig

Sujet du message:
 Message Publié: 20 Sep 2007, 22:40 
Hors-ligne
Connu
Connu

Stig Abrahamson a écrit:
Do you have the cable gearshift ?
That is when you move the lever sideways there is a cable that pulls the selector going into the gearbox on the more recent there is a linkage system.
The wire system needs to be in perfect condition to work well and even then it feels like stirring in a pot when selecting gears.

Hi Stig, thanks for that. My car really doesn't change gear very well. 1st gear is ok, 2nd is ok too but 3rd and 4th are hard to find. But I don't know if it's a Cable Shift. It must be cause the Gear change Sucks!

When I push the Gear Lever up it goes into 1st gear but it goes into 1st if I push up to the laft or right. 3rd can sometimes be found somewhere in between. Same as when I pull the Lever down it goes into 2nd but it goes into second even when I try to find Reverse. I have never found Reverse. 4th is there but it in between all the places where 2nd can be found. It's really not good.

Sujet du message:
 Message Publié: 21 Sep 2007, 12:28 
Hors-ligne
Connu
Connu

Hi Bob,
It is easy to spot the difference. Take a look at the gear selector shaft that goes into the top of the gearbox. If that ends in a cable you have the cable shift.
If it is cable shift then you have to start by crawling under the car and check the mechanism at the end of the shaft coming from the gearlever.
The function should be evident when you start looking at it.
Having a friend playing with the gearlever makes it easier.
The cover protecting the end of the wire and the rubber booth must be tight to prevent water and dirt from getting in.
Carefully check all parts for wear. There should be as little play as possible.
I have found it easiest to adjust by disconnecting the cable and select reverse on the gearbox and putting the gearlever in reverse. You know you have to push down to get to reverse.
Now connect the cable and you should be OK.
This sounds a bit easier than it really is but take your time to understand the mechanism and you should be fine.
Regards,

Stig

Sujet du message:
 Message Publié: 24 Sep 2007, 14:56 
Hors-ligne
Connu
Connu

I insured my Bagheera last friday and drove it for the whole day. It was cool! :)
I can get all the forward gears now although it's still very hard. I still can't find Reverse. When I push down on the Lever and move it to the right and then back it selects 2nd gear. It should be Reverse but it's not. I can't see any cables near the Gear box. But it has a lot of parts from a Series 2 so it might have been replaced.
I found the windscreen washer button beside the Pedals. It works fine :D
I also found the Reverse light switch but Reverse isn't working so I'll wait till I fix it.

Hopefuly I'm going to have a good look at everything this week :)

Sujet du message:
 Message Publié: 02 Oct 2007, 20:51 

May I suggest to readjust the gear lever. (just 3 nuts at it's base)

Sujet du message:
 Message Publié: 03 Oct 2007, 11:15 
Hors-ligne
Connu
Connu

Oh can I do that? I can find Reverse now but it takes me about 20 trys to find it. But it's there. But now I don't have to push the Lever Down+Right+Back to get it, it's were 4th Gear should be. Just back. And to get 1st Gear I have to push the Lever Down+Left+Forward and for 2nd Gear it's Down+Left+Back. So I think I do need to Adjust the Lever. Over to the Left maybe.

I think I know whats wrong with the Linkage though. There are 2 bolts holding a bracket onto the Gearbox that hold the part of the Linkage that pushes the selector in and out. 1 of the bolts is missing and the other is loose and it won't tighten. I need to re-tread the 2 bolt holes and put new bolts in. At the moment I have 2 Cable ties holding things in place. I really should takes some pictures.

Sujet du message:
 Message Publié: 03 Oct 2007, 12:32 
Hors-ligne
Connu
Connu

I found these Pictures on a different tread and I modified them a bit to show the Bolts I was talking about (Red Arrows). The one on the Left is loose and won't tighten and the one on the Right is missing.
I have a question about the Blue area as well. Should the little 'Nut' always be located in the 'Notch' in the Selector? When I put it into the Notch and held it in with Cable ties I found it harder to find Gears so I loosened it back out. My guess is that it is supposed to be in the Notch like in the picture.
And I see what you mean about Adjusting the Lever from this next picture. I have to have a look at this area in my Bagh.

Sujet du message:
 Message Publié: 03 Oct 2007, 13:46 

Bob,
If what you see of the gear linkage is according the first draw, then you don't have the cable shift linkage anymore, which is a good thing.
Now, the bolts in the red area.
They should be tight. I presume that for the missing one, you can replace it. Can't you ? For the other ones, if it won't thighten, remove it, drill a larger hole, re-thread it and replace the bolt by a larger one.
For the blue area, the little finger should move a little bit from left to right, in the notch but not out of it. If it doesn't then this is related to the 2 other bolts we spoke about.
Notice that the rod in witch the notch is cut should be short. If it seems longer than this drawing, you may have a gearbox coming out of another front wheels drive Simca-Talbot. This is not a real problem provide the gearbox has been adapted to the Bagheera. I did it once by cutting the longer rod and cutting a notch with an angle grinder ( no special precautions, just holding it in one had while I was cutting an appoximate notch and ... it worked well for years.
I would also worry about the rotation axis. It can be stuck.
(1) on the following drawing
Also there, take a look at the area (2), where the pivot is bolted on the chassis. It's quite weak and often split, broken, bent.
Once all of this would be looked after, then you can look at tuning the position of the 3 bolts on the last drawing. If you do it before, since your linkage seems to display a good level of play, I don't believe it will help.
If you solve already the other issues, it will probably resolve the issue.

Having said that, there is a last point to look at : the axis at the bottom of the gear lever. But that will be for another time

Publier un nouveau sujet Répondre au sujet  [ 19 messages ]  Aller à la page 1, 2  Suivant

Index du forum » Liste des sujets » International