Inscription    Connexion    Forum    Rechercher    FAQ

Index du forum » Liste des sujets » International

Publier un nouveau sujet Répondre au sujet  [ 33 messages ]  Aller à la page Précédent  1, 2, 3  Suivant
Auteur Message
 Sujet du message:
 Message Publié: 05 Oct 2007, 12:15 
Hors-ligne
Connu
Connu

bagheera.be a écrit:
Maybe you should try an Abarth engine :D (joking)

:D :D :D :D
I was thinking of a Fiat Uno Turbo engine before actually :D My friend has one.
bagheera.be a écrit:
If I remember well, I've heard of a Matramu with a gsi engine

I would love to see that Mu with the GSI engine in. I would say it is really good :)
I would say the Engine Mountings would be hard to make :( The Drive Shafts would be hard to line up :shock: and the Gear Linkage would be a nightmare :evil:

But I would love to try it :?

Sujet du message:
 Message Publié: 05 Oct 2007, 12:16 
Hors-ligne
Pilier de comptoir
Pilier de comptoir

hi bob,
so if you are interested in putting another engine in your bag, just take a look at my bagheera's topic or in spyros' topic where we talk about alternatifs engines. for about 11 years now i work on peugeot 205 GTI and i like these cars and their layout and it was also my plan to mount such an unit into the bag.
i don't say that this wouldn't work at all. but the big problem is, that instead of reliability problemes and complications will be the result of such a mount. all the jonction-points between engine, gearbox and car have to be manufactured - and every point can be a source of problemes. the driveshafts, the gearbox-control, exhaust ...
the idea is fine but in my eyes today it ain't worth it.
what i can really recommend, is to think about terminating the weak points of the bagheeras technique. the first thing to do would be the mount of a fully electronical ignition as it is furnished by several traders in these days. the next thing would be the mount of an electronic fuel injection instead of the carbs. the manifold will have to be designed and produced, thats a lot of work. but then you put any pro-system like mega-squirt or equal on it. the software would have to be custom-made too.
i tried to mount the 205 GTI-engine into the bag, but there is no place for it. the fuel tank would have to be removed, manifolds have to be engineered, exhaust-system, driveshafts, cables ... and when i think of changing the cam drive-belt ... thats no go.
sorry. and in the end the car won't be that faster or better.
the only real thing to do would be to cut the bagheera in the back of the seats and to engineer a tubular-frame adapted on a completely other technique. but when you're at that point you could even think about engineering a complete new car in the bagheeras look.
i've learned to accept the bagheera as it is. even my 205 GTI is not that fast car any more between all these turbocharged diesel-cars today. but speed is not the idea, it's driving pleasure - and i know very few cars that give more pleasure than the 205 GTI or the bagheera.

greetz to ire, kris

Sujet du message:
 Message Publié: 05 Oct 2007, 12:39 
Hors-ligne
Connu
Connu

Thanks a lot Kris, you do make really good points there. I wouldn't even be the speed that I would be after really, more the Reliability. At the moment I wouldn't trust the Bagheera engine to drive very far. Especially now that it has broke down. Something I would love to do in the Bagheera is travel around Europe, staying in every Country for a few days, going to different Race Tracks. But I wouldn't trust the Bagheera the way it is now to do this.

I do love driving my Bagheera. It's such a lovely car to drive. And it Handles very well. I would be very happy with it if the Engine was a bit more reliable and the Gear Linkage too.

Sujet du message:
 Message Publié: 05 Oct 2007, 12:52 
Hors-ligne
Pilier de comptoir
Pilier de comptoir

so thats what you should do - get more reliability into the existing bagheera layout. thats also a lot of work and will cost you some money. but in the end its the best way.
my personal project would be to mount an electronic ignition by 123:
http://www.123ignition.nl/
and to adapt the Bosch LE-jetronic of the 205 GTI 1.6.

but even well adjusted carbs with a reliable ignition would do it.

Sujet du message:
 Message Publié: 05 Oct 2007, 13:28 
Hors-ligne
Connu
Connu

Hi Kris,
The 123 Ignition seems interesting. Have you found a part number that will fit our Baghs ?
Regards,

Stig

Sujet du message:
 Message Publié: 05 Oct 2007, 13:43 
Hors-ligne
Connu
Connu

This one looks quite familar :D
It says its for a Citroen DS.
Looks very Bagheera-ish.
but I don't know what the inside part of the Distributor looks like.

I just had a thought there, Motor Bike Carbs on the 1294cc :D

Sujet du message:
 Message Publié: 05 Oct 2007, 13:49 
Hors-ligne
Pilier de comptoir
Pilier de comptoir

the inside is electronics only. the complete system is inside and no other parts are seen from the outside.
i don't know if the have a systeme fitting on the bag - in german magazines they have a publicity saying that this can be delivered for alle 4-cylinder-engines.
motobike-carbs ... why?
stromberg-system-carbs are only mounted when its not sure that the fuel-chamber won't be inclined too much. but in the end these carbs are guzzlers ...

the webers are top of the range yet.

Sujet du message:
 Message Publié: 05 Oct 2007, 14:06 

Well, even if I disagree about the lack of reliability of a good shape standard Bagheera layout (I went to Switzerland with it, I also went to Mortefontaine and ... the onces who dared ... came a long way to Spa), I have a couple of good news for you.
- The DS distributor...
It's the same... :D DS also used Marshal distributors with the cassette system. But 123 will built you a custom ignition curve (or several ones ). The ones included in this one are the DS/ID curves and to my opinion, getting a custom curve from them will cost you $$$$
- The manifold for the injection.
:D I need to find it back but you find "on the shelf" manifolds for injection for our engines. By the way, such an engine is currently on sale for the moment.
- Moving to cam belts.

I'm about to finish my work and that part can be adapted to any standard Simca engine. Maybee I should think about making an easy "Belt Driven Cam kit" \:D/

Sujet du message:
 Message Publié: 05 Oct 2007, 14:37 
Hors-ligne
Pilier de comptoir
Pilier de comptoir

the 123 ignitors are adjustable. the curve can be influenced by 16 steps.

Sujet du message:
 Message Publié: 05 Oct 2007, 14:47 

bagheera.be a écrit:
- The manifold for the injection.
:D I need to find it back but you find "on the shelf" manifolds for injection for our engines. By the way, such an engine is currently on sale for the moment.

Kris, I find it back...
Take an italian name company making manifolds (4 refs for our engines)
Take the company who took over our carburators ( not easy to findbecause they have the same name as an italian make of cars) This last are making throttles bodies that take the place of the carbs and which are make to welcome the injectors ...
And... you have what you are looking for :D

Bonus, ... I've seen that the UK reseller has in stock the little return spring that so many are missing :D Anyway, I've my own stock 8)

Sujet du message:
 Message Publié: 06 Oct 2007, 11:56 

bagheera.be a écrit:
- The DS distributor...
It's the same... :D DS also used Marshal distributors with the cassette system. But 123 will built you a custom ignition curve (or several ones ). The ones included in this one are the DS/ID curves and to my opinion, getting a custom curve from them will cost you $$$$

I told Kris that I will verify the dimensions.
As is, I'm not positive.
I verified the dimentions of all the distributors for our engines :
- The Marchal
- The Paris Rhone
- The Ducelier
and even a latte Bosch without points.
(allways usefull to keep everything)
Depending of the position of the O-ring, the ds-ie-r might do but only with a special non-original clamp bracket.
I will ask them more mesurements. Making some specific clamp won't be too difficult.
I just need to collect scans of all our Bagheera ignition curves (+ some others), to send them.

The 123 impress me much more than the other electronic ignitions on the market, ike lumenitron ...

Sujet du message:
 Message Publié: 06 Oct 2007, 12:14 
Hors-ligne
Pilier de comptoir
Pilier de comptoir

the 123 do impress me too. they do spark balancing - an integrated captor mesures the vibrations made by every cylinders explosion and the systeme can even adapt the ignition on each cylinder to avoid irregularities.
next thing - ignition point when starting is 0° to make the engine start easy.
its the top of the range and the price is really worth it.
next thing i forgot: in one of the last german magazines there was a test about lambda-sond-systems which help a lot to adjust carbs. in fact its a wide-band-lambda-sond combined with an electronic controller and a digital or analog instrument that shows very well how the carbs work in each moment. in fact it shows what the exhausted gazes are about.
they tried it on a ~7-liter dodge roadrunner. they measured in the beginning, explained how the carbs would have to work in every moment to be perfectly regulated and showed how to modifie carbs setup to achieve the best result. in the end the car went a lot better and fuel consumption was reduced from 28 litres /100km to incredible 20 litres !!! imagine the difference ... 8 litres on a 100 !

a set of these is between 250 and 400 euro - but i think its a must to be lucky with carbs.

Sujet du message:
 Message Publié: 06 Oct 2007, 12:23 

It's the kind of equipment that any good engine tuner would use with a power bank.
The issue here is that you would certainly like to analyse the exaust gaz of each cylinder. Which means 4 threaded holes in the exhaust manifold. And the standard one is already prone to break.

However, I'm keeping that in mind for an engine I'm currently working on :D

Sujet du message:
 Message Publié: 08 Oct 2007, 13:09 
Hors-ligne
Connu
Connu

Look at this Guys
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Electronic-Ignition-for-Opel-Kadett-GT-1900-Manta_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ33691QQihZ012QQitemZ220156641550QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW
I've only just seen this today. I never knew a replacement like this was possible. I wonder would they do this for the Bagheera?

At the moment my Bagh is still in my friends Garage. My Father is going to go down with me for a look soon. He asked me what Distributor was put into the Bagheera. Can anyone tell me please so I can let him know?

Sujet du message:
 Message Publié: 08 Oct 2007, 14:06 
Hors-ligne
Pilier de comptoir
Pilier de comptoir

thats an old story. there are several systemes on the market replacing the cassette-systemes. most induction, hall or optical captors that replace the mechanic systeme.

there exist several systemes that fit on every engine or distributor.

Publier un nouveau sujet Répondre au sujet  [ 33 messages ]  Aller à la page Précédent  1, 2, 3  Suivant

Index du forum » Liste des sujets » International