Inscription    Connexion    Forum    Rechercher    FAQ

Index du forum » Liste des sujets » International

Publier un nouveau sujet Répondre au sujet  [ 22 messages ]  Aller à la page Précédent  1, 2
Auteur Message
 Sujet du message:
 Message Publié: 11 Juin 2008, 18:11 
Hors-ligne
Connu
Connu

I finaly finished fixing my Clutch Cylinder last Friday. I bled the clutch and the gears worked without any grinding. There was a Classic Car Show on Sunday near Dublin and I was so happy that I was finaly going to be able to bring the Bagheera to one. I pumped the tyres up, polished and hoovered it. I also fit an original Series 1 steering wheel that my good friend Rudi sent over to me from Austria. It was looking so nice. I then brought it out for a Drive. At first it would only drive in 3rd and 4th gear and I could get reverse no problem. But I couldn't get 1st and 2nd gear. I had forgoten about this problem that I had before the clutch cylinder burst. These 2 Bolts, shown by the red arrows in this picture, keep falling out.

The 2 holes need to be re-treaded. I was so sad that I couldn't bring it to the show. I have no idea how I am going to fix this problem but I really need to think of something fast. Any ideas would be great guys. Thanks :)

Sujet du message:
 Message Publié: 11 Juin 2008, 18:48 
Hors-ligne
Barman
Barman

Hi Bob
I'm surprised to see that the inside of an Opel Kadet (or is it a Vauxhall Viva ?) is so similar to the inside of our cars. Maybee even closer to a Murena.
My advice is to also check the pivot. The inside is a screw. This needs to be free. If not totaly, it will generate an effort on the 2 bolt you mentionned. It might be the route cause of the issue.

Did you try loctite on the threads ?

Sujet du message:
 Message Publié: 12 Juin 2008, 01:22 
Hors-ligne
Barman
Barman

I can't help you Bob because i've no idea. But i just hope you to find the solution and take the road with your Bagheera.

Regards

Sujet du message:
 Message Publié: 12 Juin 2008, 08:08 
Hors-ligne
Connu
Connu

I just took a look at my Bagheera, these 2 bolts go in the gearbox, so there's not much room for bigger holes or something like that
a helicoil insert will do the trick, got good expierience with it.

Click here for helicoil info

Sujet du message:
 Message Publié: 22 Juil 2008, 11:02 
Hors-ligne
Connu
Connu

Hey guys :D See, I am smiling :D Do you want to know why? I fixed my Baghy last night :) Would I be right in saying that those two bolts I had loads of trouble with are M7 bolts? Cause When I tried to find new ones I couldn't find them anywhere. So what I did last night is re-thread the holes and turned them into M8 holes. It wasn't easy. I couldn't use the re-threading hand tool that comes with it. There wasn't enough room for this. I had to take the M8 bit and hammer a small socket onto the top of it and use my ratchet to turn it. I needed the extention bar too. Very little room in that area but it worked and the new M8 bolts went into the new holes perfect. I also put spring washers on them too, just in case. But when it was all tightened up, everything went into place perfect. It took me about 3 hours to do and my arms are really sore now :-( but it drove very well when I was finished. It drove better than it ever did before so this bracket must have been hanging off since before I bought the car.

I recently bought a new house in the Irish country side and I have quite a lot of room for my cars now. Now I know I will be able to restore them properly. I have loads of new parts for my Baghy so changing my Bagheera from the Abarth Bagheera into an original Bagheera starts very soon. I will start a new thread for this restoration and keep it up to date.

Sujet du message:
 Message Publié: 22 Juil 2008, 12:37 
Hors-ligne
Barman
Barman

Well, well, well :)

Sujet du message:
 Message Publié: 23 Juil 2008, 10:23 
Hors-ligne
Connu
Connu

Rudz! a écrit:
Well, well, well :)

Some day my Baghy will be a nice as yours Rudz.
(That will take me about 20 years :shock: :D )
I drove my car from (A) on this map to (B) last night. (A) is where I used to live, my mothers house, and (B) is where my new house is. It's 63.8km and it took about 45 minutes but it was great.

Most of it is Motorway and the Baghy was doing 120kph real easy and smooth. The rest of the roads were country roads and it drove so well on them. The only problem I had was at one point I pulled off from traffic lights kind of quickly and the accelerator pedal stuck down. I just had to put my foot behind it and make it pop back up. I wouldn't really call it a problem but I'll have to have a look at it to make sure it doesn't happen again. Not putting my foot so far down will probably stop it from happening again :D

Publier un nouveau sujet Répondre au sujet  [ 22 messages ]  Aller à la page Précédent  1, 2

Index du forum » Liste des sujets » International