Publier un nouveau sujet Répondre au sujet  [ 4 messages ] 
Auteur Message
 Sujet du message: Lost Bagheera in the South of Ireland
 Message Publié: 13 Juin 2008, 13:02 
Hors-ligne
Connu
Connu

Hey guys.
On Wednesday I was down at the Garage where my Father used to work as a Mechanic and I spoke to his old Boss who used to own a Bagheera Series 2. It was the car that made me love them so much back when I was a young boy. I showed him pictures of my Bagheera and he though it was lovely but I don't think he knows what it is supposed to look like. He only knew the Series 2 Bagheeras.
Anyway he told me that recently he heard on a Radio talk show about a woman who used to own a Bagheera. She said it was very rare and that there were only 3 in Ireland. I think it must be a Series 1 cause there are more than 3 Series 2 in Ireland. She rang the show and said that about 10 years ago she gave her Bagheera to someone in the South of Ireland to restore it for her. I think she fell ill since then and the Bagheera was forgotten about. Recently she tried to get the Baghy back off this guy but she can't. He won't tell her where it is and now he doesn't take her calls. She tried to involve the Police but they said there's nothing they can do because Legally the car now belongs to the guy because he's had it over 10 years.

This is all he could tell me about it but he told me what show it was so I might ring them to try get more info. I would love to find this Bagheera. Not to keep for myself but just because it's wrong for this guy to keep it. I might not find anything out but it's worth a try.

Sujet du message:
 Message Publié: 13 Juin 2008, 20:49 
Hors-ligne
Barman
Barman

What's story !!

But the registered paper keeps the woman's name no ????????

Sujet du message:
 Message Publié: 13 Juin 2008, 21:07 
Hors-ligne
Barman
Barman

Not everywhere.
Just think about the parking cost : 10 years !
If I think about the garage owner , I must admit that without any way to contact the person, after 10 years ...
But in the other hand, once every 2 years, I sudenly wake up in the middle of the night, after a bad dream of a car that I have forgotten somewhere. Don't ask me where : I don't remember. Don't ask me what car. I don't remember.

There is an alternative with an old british motorbike. Then I vaguely remember that she is green and that there is another one there. And the place , Yes I know where.... but there is a missing door to get in there ...

Sujet du message:
 Message Publié: 14 Juin 2008, 02:43 
Hors-ligne
Connu
Connu

BULLITT a écrit:
What's story !!
But the registered paper keeps the woman's name no ????????

I've heard the term that 'Posession is 9-10ths the law'. I always thought that term is stupid really but it probably applies here. And what Lui said about the Storage Cost for 10 years would probably be more than the car is worth, especially if it needed to be restored. And as well the guy could have just applied for a new Registration Paper for the car. Once he has the car I think he can do that. It's not really fair at all. That poor woman was really sad about this.

I have another bad story about a lost Bagheera. It's a bit different though. About 2 years ago an orange Baghy Series 1 was on eBay in the UK. At the time I couldn't buy it but it was won by someone for about £300. About 8 months ago the same Baghy was on eBay again and it was starting at £300 and this time I was going to go for it. But it was sold outside of eBay and taken off. 2 months ago I emailed the seller to find out where the Baghys new home is and he said he still had it. A guy from Ireland went over to the UK and paid for the car and took the Registration Papers. But he never came back for the car. I wanted to buy the car off them but they were told by the police that they can't sell it because the Irish guy actually changed the ownership over to himself so it's his car. They were told to leave it out at the road side and the police will get it collected. More than likely it is in a scrap yard somewhere in the UK now and I'm really angry about it cause it was in very good condition. It didn't need much work. I have photos of it but not with me now. Why did that Irish guy do that? That was really mean I think.

Publier un nouveau sujet Répondre au sujet  [ 4 messages ] 

Index du forum » Liste des sujets » International