Inscription    Connexion    Forum    Rechercher    FAQ

Index du forum » Liste des sujets » International

Publier un nouveau sujet Répondre au sujet  [ 3 messages ] 
Auteur Message
 Sujet du message: From Saab´nut to Bagheera´nut (Still loving Saab)
 Message Publié: 09 Sep 2012, 12:08 
Hors-ligne

Godmorning ladies and gentleman.

To get over with: English is not my first, so please excuse any rubbish spelling or awful grammar.

I allways find it awkward to introduce myself - so before I do, I will just warn you that I am very skilled in the art of ironic humor (Its a cultural thing...) and no matter how I try, I always end up with an averange of 214832 words in one post.

Soooo here goes... My name is Jacob. I am an architect from Denmark. I have passed the 35 year mark this summer, I am addicted to Schnauzers and Saab´s. I am slightly overweight but getting in and out of my Bagheera is not a problem ... yet.

So how did I end up with a few Bagheera´s - well, its a long story involving sex, drugs and Rock´n´roll !!! WOOW, I got a bit ahead of myself there. Anyway; Sex is highly overrated :eek: , I dont do drugs and AC/DC is my prefered rock band :evil:

Part 1: "The early years"
Okay... When I was a nothing more than a toddler, we had a Volvo 245 and a Matra Bagheere mrk2 (1977 I think). My friends thought the Bagheera was a strange car since it only had three seats - in a row! but kind of cool since it was a sports car. My parents where divorced; my dad took the volvo, my mom got the Bagheera. In the mid 80´ish it was about time we got a new (used) car. Mom fell for a "Alfa Romeo Sprint" and sold the Bagheera - well, I guess "the Bagheera" is a bit of an overstatement - She handed over the keys and a bucket full of rust to a couple who live the same apartment complex as we did. (Please remember that guy who bought th Bagheera).

Part 2: "Being a Saab but"
Some 4 years ago I bought a car and it became so much easier to visit my farther - After my parents got divorced, I did´nt see him much. Some 20 years later, we started catching up. I was unemployed for a time which game me time to fiddle around with old Saab´s and I used my farthers small factory as my "Saab playground", when work houres was over. When visiting my farther for dinner every week, we oftend talked about old cars and we always ended up talking the old Bagheera. So I started to look for a Bagheera - a that time it was just for fun but later it became a lot more serious. I found a few and almost bought one but did´nt - something I later would regret. Warning flashback - Before my parents was divorced, my farther and I often talked about building a large scaletricx / racerbane / rehnen bahn in the basement but never amounted to more.

Part 3: "The man with the plan"
Remember the guy who bought our Bagheera (or the parts that haden´t rotted away)? Well, in April this year he showed up at my mom´s doorstep, asking her for a signature so registration documents can be reissued in his name. So one idea fuels the other and my farther and I really wanted to restore a Bagheera togheter - I kind of saw as the "scaletrix/racerbane/Rahnenbane" we never did.

Part 4 "untitled"
My farther passed away after only 4½ months after being diagnosed with cancer in the throat and lunges. Until his death on the 17.05.12, even the hospital staff where astonished that he was alive after what he went through - one of them was the "fleash eating" bacteria Necrotizing fasciitis, then there was the stroke, the ... .. .

Part 4 "Barn find no.1 and no.2"
Fate sometime has a very croul sense of humor. Less than a month after my father passed on and a few days after he would have turned 70, I found two Bagheera´s. They had been sitting in a barn for 12 years just wating for someone to restore them and getting back on the road. That day I learnt how women fell about shoes and handbags - I JUST HAD TO HAVE THOSE BAGHEERAS !!! I bought them without even inspection - only saw the pictures the former owner send me. One is in good condition (for a bagheera; well the interior is in very good shape!!!) and the other one almost broke in half as I was lifting it with a forklift - spare parts.

Part 5 "To many projects"
So now I am stuck with a Saab 900 T8 rally project, a Saab 900 "Grandad/sleeper" project (aiming for 280´ish bhp) and a Bagheera project. Ohhhhh, yeah... I forgot to mention the barn find no.2 - found 1978 Bagheera (also a barn find) that will be inspecting this week and will most likely end up buying...

So if you have made it this far - Amazing. I would have skipped to the next post after the first part... I properly put to much personal, like you know, "stuff" in it - but thats the story of why, I now have 2 to 3 Bagheeras. The next issue is finding the time to work on the project (and to overcome my fear of making mistakes and not "doing a goodenough job").

I just have one question - how do I get acces to the Bagheera libary on this site?

Best regards
Lanng

Sujet du message: Re: From Saab´nut to Bagheera´nut (Still loving Saab)
 Message Publié: 09 Sep 2012, 12:28 
Hors-ligne
Barman
Barman

Hello and welcome Lanng,

Glad to know that Denmark is interrested in our Bagheeras :) I do not quite understand your story :-( not serious :-)

As for the library you can gain access if you are a member of Café Bagheera

See you :)

L'aboutissement de la Bagh c'est...la Série II :D

Le partage c'est le but d'un forum

Sujet du message: Re: From Saab´nut to Bagheera´nut (Still loving Saab)
 Message Publié: 09 Sep 2012, 22:29 
Hors-ligne
Barman
Barman

Hallo

Nice to see that you have interesse in Bagh cafe,
Maybe you know Lars Tj0rnelund, he is the president of Matra Dennmark and he has a blue bagheera s 76.

Best regards

Publier un nouveau sujet Répondre au sujet  [ 3 messages ] 

Index du forum » Liste des sujets » International